Thursday, May 21, 2009

End of Week 3

I kicked ass last night. Will went to bed at 7:30 because he was so tired, and so I went into the garage to finish what I couldn't do last night. So I did the last twenty minutes of Legs & Back, and then I did Ab Ripper X. Then it was time for Jo Jo's bath (that's what we call him, though sometimes it's Joey Jo Jo, which I think is from the Simpsons) so I got him in with Junko, got him out when he was done, dressed him, and then back down to the garage to do Kenpo. The knee was feeling good, though I backed off a little with anything that involved squats. An hour later I was done, and I was done. Shower, Shake, a bit of Footy Classified, and bed.
Joey Jo Jo

Just did some research. "Joey Jo Jo" comes from the following exchange, when Homer is seeking advice about what to do about his infatuation with Mindy Simmons.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.
Joey runs out of the bar sobbing.
Barney: Hey! Joey Jo Jo!
Now I remember. I'll probably start calling him Shabadoo now. Though it is funny when Will says "Hey Joey Jo Jo!" Picture the scene. Will is a grown man. Sitting in a hotel room somewhere, Australia, America, flicking through the channels. Comes across a Simpsons episode. Of course, he
knows nothing about the Simpsons. Then bang! He hears Barney cry "Joey Jo Jo!" and he is unexpectedly thrust back in time to when he was three, playing with his new-born brother. I hope that happens one day.
I'm reading a really interesting book called The Idle Parent. By doing as little as possible, you put the onus on the children to occupy themselves and learn how to do stuff. I definitely will adopt some of this stuff when the kids are older. The chapter I'm reading now is about toys. I really need to get a big plastic bag and throw out all the plastic crap that Will has collected over the years. My god there is an enourmous amount. The thing is, he won't miss any of it. It's more Junko and I thinking, well, maybe Jo Jo will play with it, or altogether it cost so much money it would be a shame to throw it away etc. The only stuff I'll keep is the stuff I have seen him play with regularly over the last year or so. About a supermarket bag full. I reckon I could fill three garbage bags with the rest of the stuff.
I get my bonus soon. Bonus. A big wad of cash twice a year. This time it will only be twice my monthly salary because of the "Tough Times" we are in, when last year it edged close to three times. Most of it will go into an account for Joseph, where it will earn about 0.04% interest, but some of it I will spend on camping gear, I think. I probably won't be using it soon, but I'll buy good quality stuff every few months so when we do go it'll be ready. I might also buy a travel bag for my motorbike.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever meet our budgie? its name was Jo Jo. All I picture is the budgie in your blogs. You have to send or post some photos of Joseph. We need to familiarise ourselves with him, not the budgie!!

    ReplyDelete