Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First week

First week almost over. The first day went well. I did it in the lounge room, and it was fun because Will laughed and laughed and tried to copy me all the time. He has a good jab-cross. The 200 sit-ups were as hard as ever but I did them. Form could be better. I'm going shopping tonight and buying some bread flour and protein among other things. That should tide me over for the weekend. Instead of coffee, which will probably be the hardest thing to quit, I'm going to have Milo, without sugar. I need to cut down on the milk, too. I'm really motivated, much more than I was when I started Power 90 almost four months ago. I guess I've had a taste of the health.
The other day I was doing maximum push-ups, and after thirty I was ready to quit, and then I thought, fuck it, do thirty-five you pussy. On the thirty-fifth push-up I pulled a muscle in my neck. At least I hope that's what happened, and it wasn't a burst blood vessel or anything like that. I thought I was having a stroke for a moment. I feel okay today but I have a headache. I'm sure it's a combination of the pulled muscle and the lack of caffeine, or at least the drastic drop in intake. I have had a coffee a day since I said I would stop drinking it. I just read an article about coffee headaches, and it mentioned something called weekend headaches. I get them, and apparently it's because my coffee intake and routine is different than on weekdays when I am at work. I am constipated too, if you're interested. I felt heavy yesterday, and I thought, that's because you haven't had a shit for three days. That's why. You're carrying. Let's hope I lose that excess today. The tragedy is that on the weekend I went into the city to buy oats for my porridge (there are no oats where I live) and I bought the extra bran type. Dissapointing.
I find that I'm getting up earlier and earlier now. The kitten wakes me up, I get up, and don't check the clock until I'm scraping the cat food into his bowl in the kitchen. This morning it was 5:40. And you know what I think? Aaaah, one whole hour to myself.
A type of show that is popular here is home renovation shows, only it's not so much renovation as tearing down the old house and building a new one. Reform, they call it. A family hire an architect and he designs a house, and they build it. It's not like Backyard Blitz with presenters or anything, more like a reality show. The houses are usually nice, but always, always, half way through the show, when they've got the frame of the house up, the narrator will say, oh, what's this? Is it a mistake? There seems to be a little room here. I wonder what it could be? This little room would be the size of a walk-in closet, and it will be next to the kitchen or tucked in a corner somewhere, hidden away. It's the husband's room. Not his bedroom, but just a room where he can go and hide, and it will have a bean bag, a desk with a computer, and a small bookshelf. The husband can go in there and shut the door, and no-one will know that there's even a room there, let alone that anyone's in it. Here he is, signing his life away on a half a million dollar architect-designed house, and he gets a room the size of a toilet. But I always think, man, I would love one of those rooms, and if I was designing a house, I would definitely want one of those rooms in it.
Anyway, maybe I'll do the exercises in the morning, but then I'll lose that hour a day of my time. And I'm not sure if it's any good to get up and do exercise in the freezing cold. But it must be better than doing it an hour after dinner, or having a protein shake half an hour before bed. I'll try it out next week.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment