Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 5

Days two, three, and four have come and gone. The stretch was good. The Arms workout was fine, though it appears someone has stolen my 15 kg dumbbells. The garage door is left open sometimes, and they are right near the entrance, so there you go. Funny how they only took them, and not anything else, like my toolbox or ipod, which were also there. So someone ran in, grabbed 30 kg of weight, half the body weight of most people here, and raced out again. Weird. Maybe I have misplaced them, but I can't think where else I would have put them. So I did all the exercises with the 10 kg dumbbells, which isn't really enough. So I'll either buy some more, which I don't want to do, or every Saturday go to the gym and do it, which I might do because it's more interesting than doing it in the garage and I'll get better results. Day four was the 4 km run, no dramas.
Still no word from IBM, though I noticed they re-posted the position vacancy last week. Weird. Lots of weirdness recently.
Finished the Hyperion Cantos. Great stuff. Wish I could erase all memory of it and read it again for the first time. Started reading Killing Floor by Lee Childs. Only a couple of chapters in, but I like it.
Great win by the Swans this week. It feels so good beating St Kilda. I don't know why, it just does. We are still carrying too many duds. They must trade White and Jetta. White would be okay if he could kick straight, but Jetta costs us every time he gets the ball. Granted he can run fast, but if you can't run and kick, or run and think, what good is running? So we will get pumped by Geelong next week, and then have to beat the Lions in Sydney. Too be honest, I don't have good feelings about the next two weeks. I think we might limp into the finals, but not do anything. Won't matter in the end, because it'll be a Geelong/Collingwood granny. Hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment