Monday, April 25, 2011

Round 6 - First Week

On Day 1, I did Yoga Meltdown 2 with The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels. It's interesting doing different kinds of Yoga. I haven't done too many, but Tony's is still the best. This wasn't easy though. There were a couple of moves I couldn't do. And there were a lot of exercises. It was more like a 30-minute warm up for P90X Plyo than the Yoga Tony does. Hayfever hit me hard. Felt really ordinary.
I'm down to one can of coffee a day, and I feel I have achieved something. I've gotten it under control. It seems that the busier I get, the more coffee I drink, and the more agitated I feel.
On Day 2 I ran 8 km. It was pleasant. But that night I had an irregular heart beat. We had just put the kids to bed, and I was about to settle down and watch a bit of Footy Classified, when it happened. I don't know if it was the run, or if it was because Will jumped on my chest five minutes before they started. The first one lasted a couple of minutes, then stopped. Then it happened again for another couple of minutes. It wasn't painful. It feels like my heart skips a beat every few beats or so. I turned the TV off and went to bed, but if it had have happened again I probably would have driven myself to hospital. But it didn't, and it hasn't since, so what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?
On Day 3 I did Killer Abs, from the Tony 1 on 1 series. Good stuff.
Day 4 I missed my Insanity workout. Maybe on purpose because I was worried about having an irregular heart beat again. But I missed it.
Day 5: Arms.
Day 6: 10 km run. In the rain. I don't mind running in the rain.
Day 7: Chest and Back. Missed it. I played golf though. Played pretty bad. I played with clubs I haven't used before which seemed to hook everything. And if I hit a bad shot, the next one seemed to be tougher, like a bunker shot to a close pin, or a pitch over a bunker or something. I didn't get away with anything like you do when you are playing well. And I putted like a moron. Highlight? Second shot to a par five, 210-yard water carry, hooked a 4-wood into the front greenside bunker. Not much of a highlight, but not much to choose from.
Cats beat Swans last week. Crappy weather, not a bad game, but hard to tell how we played. Gotta love the Cats' intensity. Chapman was great as usual. Shaw was doing okay this year until he kicked it straight to a guy twenty meters out who kicked it straight back over his head for a goal. I think we were only a goal back with ten minutes to play at that stage. Can't blame him though. We need LRT, Bradshaw (he does still play football, right?) and Kennelly back to be a force this year. We've got the bye this week, so maybe in a couple of weeks we'll see some of them. Next game: Carlton on a Friday night at the SCG! We've got the wood on them at the minute, but it'll be a great game.
I saw Sucker Punch last week. Here it's called Angel Wars. They only have the dubbed version at the cinemas, so I was never quite sure what was going on, but never mind because every scene had young women in underwear. But I have decided that Zack Snyder makes better trailers than he does movies. Maybe he should just make a few trailers every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment