Sunday, May 8, 2011

Round 6 Week 2

I've done all the runs and the resistance workouts, but I can't seem to get up for the Insanity workouts or the Yoga. I haven't done one of them yet. So this round is basically abandoned seeing as though I'm only doing half of it. I'm just wondering what to do. Just start doing them, I guess.
I have to work today, a Saturday, which sucks. Only about a third of my department have bothered to come in, so it's a quiet day. Still got a shit load of work to do. Things haven't calmed down much since the March madness. Just do it, I guess.
I had a good Golden Week. Went to Toyohashi Zoo again, though this time it was packed. Hung out with Will and Jo Jo a lot. Ate a ton of Subway. Did I tell you a Subway had opened up recently in my local shopping center? I thought Subway were gone from this country forever, but they seem to be attempting a resurgence. I hope they do well, though not so well that I have to wait in queues for ages. The way I see it, they are ultimately doomed because children make the majority of food decisions here, and no child will choose to eat a sandwich, especially when there's a KFC or MacDonalds around. Except my child, William. He loves the ham 6-incher (with capsicum!). Superstar. BTW, is broccoli an optional topping anywhere else? It is here. And the other day, I ordered a ham, and the chick misheard me and thought I said Chicken tandoori. WTF?
Me: Ham, please.
Chick: Certainly sir. Chicken Tandoori. What kind of bread?
Me: WTF?
Swans beaten by Carlton in Sydney. Another crappy day weather-wise. What's up with the weather in Sydney? Anyway, Jack holds Judd for the first half, Jack does ankle, Judd dominates for the last half and wins the game for Carlton, and Jack is out for 6 weeks. No good.
Regardless of whether Longmire can coach or not, we missed out on that fresh breeze that a club gets when a new coach takes over, because he's been at the club for six years or so beforehand. I think we needed a new approach after Roos to lift the older players and give the club a different perspective. We are losing games from three or four goals up, which we never used to do. It's a problem. Still, only early. We need a win though. Shame we've got the Bulldogs in Canberra, which we never win.
Congrats to Stevie and Sarah! I hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment