Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week 13 Underway

Saturday night, 9:30, in my jarmies. Wild man. I did Sculpt 5-6 today and just hammered it. I've been loving this last month. I have a little right knee soreness, but it's getting better. I've only got a week and a half to go, then I get a week off and then I start P90X. Time to BRING IT! Downloaded the whole thing a few days ago, and they're all ready to go.
Swans had a good win last week. I say last week because they played on Saturday, but I didn't see it until Wednesday night because it took ages to download. We beat the reigning premiers Hawthorn, but they are in massive trouble with injuries and just a general grand final hangover. The Swans played today, but I don't expect to see the game for a few days yet. Still, it's better than paying to watch the game streamed a day after it was played on the official website. I can't even see the ball. I gladly wait another day and get HD plus pre-game analysis. Oh yea, and it's free.
Will had his kindergarten entry ceremony. I had to wear a suit, but can you imagine the kerfuffle when it was discovered that I only had a black suit? Oh the horror! So we did a mix and match with an old suit jacket I had somewhere with the black pants, and I'm not sure, but I don't think THEY gave a shit. I keep asking Junko who THEY are, but she won't tell me. So welcome to the machine, my son. Stay strong, don't start fights but always finish them, and any time you want to bail, we're only a ten hour flight away. "Daddy, a boy in my class called me a poo-poo head." "Do you want to go to Australia? We can, you know. Anytime. No-one will call you poo-poo head in Australia. C'mon, I can call them now if you like and get tickets. Stop off at Cairns? It's nice this time of year." I will have to make a conscious effort not to do this, but I'm not sure it will be enough.
Speaking of weather, it has been beautiful recently. Spring is in the air, cherry blossoms falling like snow. I rode my bike into work last week to drop off some paperwork, and I was doing about seventy down a clear street, when a car stopped in a side street and waited to turn in to the road I was on. She saw me and didn't move, but if she didn't see me, then I wouldn't have been able to stop in time. It's different than when you're in a car. When your life is in someone else's hands for that instant, it gets the blood pumping. Probably not a good thing to let that happen too often. But on the other hand, you're in a car, music on, maybe eating or smoking or playing with the radio, do you even notice that you're life is in other people's hands?
So apparently we in Japan get a stimulus bonus too soon. Something like a couple of hundred dollars. I really think in the future they are going to look back and just think what the fuck was going on? People are talking like times are tough now! How are things tough now? In a couple of years we'll be trapping and eating our neighbour's dog because of what the politicians have done with our money the last year, just because they can't bear to tell us that the golden age is over. Absolute madness. Listen to the way they talk. "Now Jim, I think we both know you've been a little irresponsible lately. And to be fair, so have we. Now times are going to get a little tough for everyone. It's not just your fault, we're not saying that. It's everyone's fault. Wait, hey, it's okay. Everything's going to be okay. Just keep you're head down, work hard, and what ever you do, don't stop spending all of your money, just like you were doing before. Now, I know that sounds, now it's a big word, so get ready, 'counter-intuitive,' but if you stop spending all of your money, then things are going to get really tough for the people who take all of your money. People like banks and large corporations and governments. So, just to help you out, here's a little something to get you started. Go on, take it. Spend it. You deserve it. And remember, you're Australian, and Australians, well, Australians are amazing. Jim, you are amazing, and together, we can do anything." No good, I tells ya.
Joseph's doing really well. Sleeping and eating, really. He cried a little this evening, but then did a massive crap and then went to sleep.
Anyway, must be off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment