Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 12 Underway

3/4 I haven't written for ages, or anything of any length anyway. I've been really busy, and if I have a spare moment it's going to watching Lost or the footy or the one of many footy panel shows there are. I think I'll leave Footy Classified out and stick with The Winners and On The Couch. Not being at work doesn't give me much time to fart around, if you know what I mean. But I've enjoyed the week, especially being with Will. He's a great kid, always making me laugh with his funny dances or statements, like "Daddy, you can buy that ice-cream." Oh, gee, thanks. Can I have some? "No."
Joseph's doing well, though a couple of times I've drawn a blank at his name when I'm talking about him. We were going to call him Geoffrey, so I always say "Ge-" and then I think, that's not right, what's his name again? Hey, give me a break. I only see him ten minutes a day. They come home from hospital tomorrow. It'll be great because then Junko can tell me all the things I have been doing wrong with the housework. And all day, too. Not just the brief chances she's had when I've visited her in hospital. No, I kid my wife.
I teared up majorly watching Biggest Loser this morning, especially when Sharif's wife came. He's looking great Sharif. Massive improvement. He'll have to get that front ass of his surgically removed though, I think. I have a feeling that there's something up with Cameron's wife. I bet she's got a nice little setup going, something on the side that keeps her feeling happy and sexy, and fat old Cameron who pays for it. He seems terribly needy, but I bet she's worried that the next time she threatens to leave him because he's getting a little curious about where she goes when she goes out alone, he might just tell her to fuck off now that he's a new man. You can just see it in her face when they meet. "Oh god, now I'll have to start fucking him again." When he gets out of Biggest Loser, I reckon she'll be leaving the odd pack of TimTams lying around the house for him.
4/4 Last night it was our first night with Joseph home. Man, it brought back some memories. He woke up every two or three hours crying. It reminded me of how much it must suck being a baby. Everything is gastro related. What's going in , how it's sitting, and what's coming out. I was wondering what life would be like if babies laughed instead of cried. They come out of the womb laughing hysterically, and they wake up at night laughing, etc. It would be much nicer, I think. Anyway, he's sleeping now (Saturday afternoon). In fact, everyone but me is asleep.
I'm entering the best phase of any P90 round - when you can push each and every exercise and be able to recover before the next one begins. I did Sculpt 5-6 today and I felt so in control of every exercise. I did more reps with better form than ever. It might also have something to do with the quality of food I've been eating recently. When I was looking after Will I ate a lot of rubbish. I even ate at Bronco Billy's, a shite hamburger restaurant. The last few days everything I've eaten, except for a pack of chips, has been nice and healthy. It makes so much of a difference, and eating right is the one thing I want to do when I start P90X. A pack of chips here and there, but that's it. I'm sure you're sick of me saying it. I tell you, this food thing is harder than I anticipated. But P90X is there is the near future now (3 weeks) and it's the food that is vying for my attention as much as the exercises. The exercises will take care of themselves. The food is totally up to me.
5/4 I started this blog two days ago, and since then Sharif has been evicted from BL. Why do Australian reality contestants always vote off the most interesting people, until we are left with the dullest ones? Anyway, how can Cameron still be in it? There is something wrong with him. He can't jump! It's hilarious. If Sean and Nathan's brother (forget his name) leave, then the remaining contestants (except Tiffany) will be the ones who have lost the least weight. That's like the opposite of the title of the show! Anyone who loses weight and wins challenges is deemed 'a threat', and the others can scheme and have them removed too easily. The only thing you get for losing the most weight every week is a phone call home or something. How about two votes at elimination? They would have lost Nathan if it wasn't for that trick which was obviously an emergency measure. 'Break glass if best contestant and the best TV gets eliminated' deal. And it's still not ideal. What can he and Bob get up to on Fitzroy island for five weeks? Not much. 'And this week, Nathan and Bob do more training with the Commando again.' They somehow have to get rid of Julie or Cameron, but the others are too polite to vote them out. Must be tough being a producer on one of these shows. It's made for American contestants, isn't it. Doesn't quite work for Aussies. I know how it would go here. Everyone would just cry for weeks, then beg to be voted off because they don't like working out, then when we visit them afterward they are fatter than when they started. They tried Survivor here, but it didn't work. No-one wanted to survive.
Anyway, gotsta go. Going to Mr Donuts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment