Friday, April 17, 2009

Last Week of P90 Master!

You know you're gone when you start asking a three-week old child what their problem is. The crying got to me a little today. I was up at 5 consoling him, and it feels like I spent all afternoon changing his nappy, giving him milk, burping him, holding him, and then when he fell asleep I would put him down and he would start crying again. I did squeeze in a workout and a short bike ride sometime in the morning.
I've got four workouts to go, and P90 Master is finished! I'm just busting through them now. Today I did Core Cardio, a huge 50 minute workout, plus 37 push ups with the push up bars, 33 bicep curls with 10 kg weights, and 200 sit ups. My knees are feeling good, and my back is strong. I have been having a little sinus trouble, maybe a reaction to all the pollen in the air, and this has been giving me headaches, but workouts seem to fix them up for a while, at least. Been getting some asthma, too. But all in all, I feel great.
I put up a pull up bar in the garage in preparation for P90X. Took me ages, and I probably should have thought about design before I got to the hardware store, but it's always fun to do a little woodwork. I showed Will, and as I was hanging off the bar he grabbed onto my legs and we were both hanging there together. I thought hmmm, hope 100 kilos isn't too much, but it seemed strong enough. It was a good, if unplanned, test. I can do three pull ups, from straight arms at the bottom to chin over the bar. It's bloody hard. Tony Horton gets bored doing pull ups he can do that many.
On Monday I have to go on a picnic with Will's kindergarten group. Me, a bunch of three year olds, and their mothers. I will definitely be the only foreigner, and almost certainly the only male. At first I just thought, fuck that. But then I thought about Cameron on Biggest Loser. That's what he would do. Perhaps my intense dislike of Cameron is really a subconscious reaction to some similarities we might have. No way am I as big a loser as he is, both literally and figuratively, but that's not to say he has nothing to teach me, to teach all of us. So I will smile, do the small talk, and perhaps drop the word that I may be looking to open my own English school if I get laid off, and in any case I'm looking for a few students to teach just for some extra cash.
Swans played a crap game on the weekend. As I wait for the torrents to become available, which might take between a day or three days, obviously I don't want to know the result. So I avoid Aussie newspapers, my hotmail, Facebook, even international SMSs. But of the three games already played this season, I've sat down to watch the game knowing the result of two of them. The first round, I thought Sydney played on Sunday, but it was Saturday, so Saturday night I checked The Age website to see what time the game was on the next day and saw the headline "Saints Shut Down Swans." Ah, I thought. There you go. Second round I was more careful. I made sure I knew exactly what time the game started, and steered clear of the papers that day. But when someone put the torrent up on Demonoid, they included the score in the comments! I nearly got whiplash turning my head trying not to see it, and I didn't see it, thank god. All I saw was there were no reports. So I was lucky. What kind of noob puts the scores in the comments? So the third round, I was even more careful. I found a great site devoted to Aussie Rules torrents, with clear instruction - NO SPOILERS! So when someone put the Swans - Brisbane game up, I wanted to thank them, which is the custom. I went to the thanks area, and saw this comment from another downloader. "ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou Was at the game last night & need to see the coverage. C'arn the Lions!!" First of all, why would you want to watch a game on TV that you went to see live if your team didn't win? Second, why would you say Car'n the Lions! if you didn't barrack for the Lions? And the clincher, you wouldn't say Car'n the Lions! if they had lost. If he had said "Can't wait to see the game. Car'n the Lions!" I could have dismissed it as barracking. But he had already seen the game. So I see the little shitty comment and as I wait for it to download I try to rationalize it. He didn't actually say who won. Maybe the Swans just beat them in a thriller and he's proud of his team? So I get the game and watch the first ten minutes, then I fast forward to the end. Nup, Lions win. Just like the guy said (or didn't say, but insinuated.) Fuck! It's hard work.
Anyway, shout out to my sis, Steve and Sarah and Olivia (hope she's doing well), Whits, Manna and Rob, Brad, and Mikka if you're reading. Hope you had a good Easter, and Leigh I got your parcel. Thank you! Watched the DVD, still funny. Here's a photo of Will and his favourite train, the red Myu Sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment