Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 2 & 3

What a win by Sydney last week. I really expected them to be a little bit flat after the sadness of the week, but they came out fired up. Reminded me of when we played Collingwood earlier this season. In that game it looked like they had really committed to doing everything they can to win. Couldn't beat Collingwood, but we got Geelong. They look really flat, and are in danger of going into the finals with 2 losses. I'm not sure they can make the Granny now. They look shaky. Swans will probably play the Saints first week of the finals. Probably the best outcome for us.
Workouts going well. Running, swimming, stretching, lifting. All good. I feel stronger. I was a bit flat after not getting the IBM job in Brisbane. I keep thinking how cool it would have been to get it. At least the reason I didn't get it has nothing to do with me, more to do with the job. Hopefully a position I am suitable for will open up there in the near future. It has spurred me on to get better at what I do. I don't want to be given the chance to work there and then flunk the interview.
The Chest, Back & Shoulders workout is the problem. It's long and hard. I think what I'll do is take out all of the pull-up exercises out of it, which cuts it down to eight exercises, and with the pull-ups, I'll "grease the groove". That means, every time I walk under my pull-up bar, I do between 5 - 10 pull-ups. So instead of doing them during a once-a-week workout and doing, say, 25 of them, I'll do some every time I go down to the garage, with might be many times a day, meaning I'll do 100s a week without the fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment