Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer '11

So Round 6 Redux died a protracted death. I did about half of the workouts, but it was hard to get out and run in the rain, and I didn't bother with the stretching or yoga, which I probably should be doing more than the resistance workouts. So I started Round 6 Reloaded, which will see me through the Summer. I did a 5 km run on Sunday, and an Arms workout last night. Got a rest day today, then Chest, Shoulders & Back on Wednesday, another run on Thursday, abs workout Friday, and Yoga or stretching on Saturday. And repeat for 12 weeks. Should keep me in pretty good shape.
Other goals I want to achieve, nothing new - Cut down coffee and chocolate to 1 can 1 kitkat a day. Nothing to eat after 7 in the evening, except popcorn with a bit of butter or salt. More reading. More trips to the golf driving range. Less clutter in my life.
I'm reading Pet Sematary by Stephen King. I haven't read any Stephen King books except the first half of Dreamcatcher, which I liked and got the movie out. I like this one too, but I'll gladly put the book down and watch the movie, and then that'll be it. I might try one of his earlier novels next time, see what they're like. I find his work unsatisfying for some reason. Maybe his ideas are better than his writing, I dunno.
Swannies going great. The win against the Lions was a pleasure to watch, not the usual gut-wrenching experience that watching the Swans is. We've got Richmond next. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment