Monday, July 5, 2010

Round 3: Day 103 - P90X Stretch

Good weekend. Had a hit of golf at the driving range with Will and Nori on Saturday morning. He's playing golf with some work people and doesn't want to look stupid, so he asked me to give him some pointers. I tried my best, but I think he's still going to look stupid.
Grip it 'n Rip it

Then the family spent the afternoon at the library hanging out. On Sunday Will and i went to the English playgroup. A little more structure would be good, but Will had fun. Next time I think we need more toys and group games and stuff. Someone brought Operation (the Shrek version) which freaked Will out a bit. He was very, very interested in it, but he wouldn't try it. He would just walk around saying "if you touch the sides, his nose will go buzz!" He's probably still a bit young. I was actually looking at that on Amazon last week, so I'm glad I didn't order it. Maybe in a year or two. The place we had the playgroup is great. A converted hospital. Music, lots of games and crafts and stuff. Will loved it.
Old people!

Then lunch at Macca's, then home. Big day. I did Back and Biceps when I got home. A few improvements here and there, and I'm getting back to the numbers I got before the humidity hit, and it's actually a good, satisfying feeling when the sweat is dripping off me. In Winter I sometimes felt like I wasn't working hard enough because I wasn't drenched in sweat. Not a problem at the moment.
I've got my bike shaken (roadworthy examination) next weekend. Shouldn't be a problem. You have to do this every two years in Japan. Bike or car. Three years for new cars. It keeps old bombs off the road, and keeps Toyota and Nissan and Mitsubishi and Mazda and Honda ticking along, selling new cars. One of the pleasures of going back to Australia is seeing cars from the 80's, and even 70's, on the road. You do not see anything like that here. It'll cost me a few hundred dollars, though I'm half expecting them to tell me I need a new back wheel. We'll see. One problem I can foresee is this: You have to pay city tax every two years, and you need it for your shaken. It's fifty dollars, and I paid it at a convenience store a couple of weeks ago. So the chick at the desk stamps the receipt, and says "oops". She stamped the date as 2008. "It should be okay," she says, and hands it back to me. Yea. Thanks for that. The proper date is printed on it and everything, it has barcodes and stuff, so according to any scanner you care to pass over it it's okay, but there's this big ugly stamp that says it was paid three years ago. Hopefully no-one will notice.
So I'm doing overtime tonight. I've got nothing to do, but it doesn't appear that I have nothing to do, and that's the most important thing. How things appear. Since the boss pointed out that my department does the least overtime in the whole company, the amount of overtime my department does has increased by five! In just two days! Remarkable how busy everyone has suddenly become. Remember this when the guy at the shop tells you that the reason you are paying so much for your Sony DVD player, your Mitsubishi Lancer, your Ricon camera, is because the quality is better. It's not. You pay for all the overtime Japanese office workers do to appear to be busy.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know what...... there is no need to try and talk about things that you might think we find more interesting. I love how you write about your daily musings. Have fun doing your overtime XXXX

    ReplyDelete