Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Round 5 - Day 42

Hey. Still working out. Day 42 already. Holy shit, nearly half way through. My next run on Saturday will be 9 kilometers. It's funny, but the 7 k run a couple of weeks ago was tough, but the 8 k run last week didn't feel so bad. Still hurts my right calf though, every time. I really should buy a new pair of sneakers. With the resistance workouts, my numbers are up there with where they were at the end of last round, which is nice. Now I can make some gains. Oh yea, there's going to be sequel to P90X this year sometime. "P90X:MC2" MC means muscle confusion. Looking forward to that. I should buy it, really. Give Tony some of my money.
I'm reading "The Hunger Games" at the moment. Really enjoying it. The next "His Dark Materials" maybe? They'll definitely make it into a movie. Let's just hope Nicole Kidman isn't in it. I have watched 127 Hours, which I loved. The Pat Tillman Story, not as good as the book I read about him, but it was good to find out more about him.
It's starting to warm up finally. We had a real cold blast a couple of weeks ago with lots of snow, but now it's nice and sunny, and I almost bought a chilled can of coffee this morning, though I think that's because it's so hot in my office. Will and Jo Jo are going great guns. Will's Michael Jackson fever has abated, thankfully not as severe as cousin Joshie's was. Back to Dinosaurs again. Jo Jo can say apple, bee, ball, mama (food), and hikouki (aeroplane) and he's trying to jump, which looks so funny.
The kick bar on my motorcycle snapped last week, and I'm thinking of buying a kick-ass set of tools to fix it up with, and anything else I might want to do later. Cheap = better than expensive, but expensive = quality, which also = good. Age old dilemma.
I'm really interested in what's going on in the Middle East. Bush's Children of Freedom anyone? Cairo was portrayed as something it wasn't, and when Lara Logan got raped, fuck 'em, they don't deserve it. China and Bahrain are where it's at. I hope China falls apart, because the whole world is depending on this criminal Communist regime keeping 5 billion people ignorant and dirt poor so they can make our iPads for cheap, and that isn't right. And Bahrain, because there is a real chance that the revolution could spread to Saudi Arabia where we buy our petrol from and where they hang teenagers for being homosexual and stone women to death. $2 a litre for petrol will slow things down, that's for sure. Put things in perspective. Interesting times ahead, anyway. 2011, what a year, and it's not even March yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment